TennCare Kids is a full program of checkups and healthcare services for children who have TennCare. From birth to age 21, TennCare Kids services make sure babies, children, teens and young adults receive the healthcare they need.
TennCare Kids checkups are FREE for children who are enrolled in TennCare from birth until age 21. This includes checkups for vision, hearing, dental and mental health. TennCare Kids healthcare providers:
- Find problems early, starting at birth
- Check children’s health at specific ages
- Perform physical, mental, developmental, dental, hearing, vision and other screening exams to find any problems
- Perform additional tests when a problem is suspected or found
- Treat any problems found
Doctors, dentists and other health professionals with the TennCare Kids program offer:
- Well-child checkups
- Dental checkups and services
- Medical treatment
- Behavioral health services, including:
- Behavior problems or anger management
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Mental health (including major depression, schizophrenia, bipolar)
- Eating disorders
What will happen at the medical checkup?
Your child will receive:
- Review of their health history
- Complete physical exam
- Lab tests (as needed)
- Immunizations (shots)
- Vision and hearing screening
- Developmental/behavioral screening (as needed)
- An appointment for the next regular visit or follow-up visit
You’ll also get advice on how to keep your child healthy.
Where can children get TennCare Kids checkups?
- Your doctor or pediatrician, also known as the Primary Care Provider
- Health department
- Other TennCare providers (such as mobile clinics or school-based clinics)
Where can I find out more about TennCare Kids?
Click here to learn more about the TennCare Kids program and find links to additional services.
How do I get in touch with my child’s health plan?
Call your TennCare health plan.
- Amerigroup Community Care: 800-600-4441
- BlueCare: 800-468-9698
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan: 800-690-1606
- TennCare Select: 800-263-5479
TennCare Information Line: 1-855-259-0701
DentaQuest (dental services): 855-418-1622
Para información acerca de TennCare en español, llame al 1-855-259-0701.