How the Child Support Program Can Help
The Child Support Program helps families receive financial support when one (or both) parent(s) are not living with the child. Any custodial parent, non-custodial parent or caretaker of a child may apply. We work with both parents to ensure children receive the support they deserve. Services available through the Child Support Program include:
- Location of a child’s parent(s) for the purpose of obtaining support or establishing paternity
- Establishment of paternity
- Establishment and enforcement of child support orders
- Establishment and enforcement of medical support
- Collection and distribution of payments,
- Modification of child support orders
- Enforcement of spousal support orders if child support is also involved
Are you interested in applying for Child Support services?
If you are interested in applying for services, you can download a child support application here:
When applying for child support services, you will need to provide some important information to your local child support office. You may find a list of this information at http://www.tn.gov/assets/entities/humanservices/attachments/Helpful_Documentation.pdf
Once you have completed the application, you can mail, fax or bring the application in person to your local child support office. Information on individual offices can be found in the Location and Contact Information section. If you have any questions regarding the application or services provided, you are welcome to contact your local child support office for assistance.
You’ll find information about Child Support Services at the Department of Human Services Child Support Services main page, including:
- Find your local office: This map will give you contact information for your nearest Child Support Services office.
- Child support schedule: This chart will show you how much you should expect to pay or receive, based on parents’ income and the number of children supported.
- Child support calculator: The Automated Web-Style Calculator provides a simple, guided method for calculating child support orders. Simply enter the information requested for each of the nine steps, and a completed worksheet will be generated for you.
- Make a payment online: This site offers both nonrecurring and recurring payments. Save time and make sure child support payments are paid on time by taking advantage of the recurring payment option. If you have additional questions or need assistance, contact Tennessee Child Support Customer Service at 800-838-6911.
- What’s the Rush?: "What's the Rush?" is a video about the legal, financial and social consequences of becoming a teen parent. It takes an in-depth look at real Tennessee teens and their struggles with being teen parents.
Additional Links and Important Information
Find more helpful links and information for parents at the Applying for Child Support Services page, including:
- Detailed Fact Sheet
- Child support application forms (English and Spanish)
- Rules and guidelines
- Payment information
- Employer services
- Additional forms and information
List of information you’ll need to supply when you apply for child support.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)